Subject: Neighbourhood Planning
Date: Thursday 26th February
Time: Arrival and networking from 6pm with drinks and nibbles. event start at 6:30pm
Location: Committee Suite, Borough of Poole, Civic Centre, Poole, BH15 2RU
Parking: Pay and display parking is available directly adjacent to the Civic Centre
About the event
National Planning Practice Guidance outlines that Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area. Neighbourhood planning provides a powerful set of tools for local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community where the ambition of the neighbourhood is aligned with the strategic needs and priorities of the wider local area.
The Neighbourhood Plan movement continues to grow within the UK. According to the Department for Communities and Local Government, as of April 2014:
- Around 1,000 communities have taken the first formal steps towards producing a neighbourhood development plan
- 80 full draft plans have been produced for consultation
- 13 Neighbourhood Plans have been passed at community referendums
It is clear therefore that Neighbourhood planning is and will become an important consideration in the determination of many planning applications and development proposals going forward.
The FREE CPD event will comprise of a series of presentations from Neighbourhood Plan groups within Dorset, who will share their experiences of the Neighbourhood Plan process, including:
- What drove their desire to produce Neighbourhood Plan
- Focus of the Neighbourhood Plan and what policies are included
- What process they went / are going through to produce the Neighbourhood Plan
- What challenges they have / or are being faced, and how these were overcome
- Lessons learnt through the process
- Thoughts on Neighbourhood Planning and it’s effectiveness as a planning tool to shape local communities
There will be an opportunity following each presentation for Q+A.
The event will also provide an excellent opportunity for networking with fellow Young Planners. Drinks and nibbles will be served from 6pm prior to the event starting.
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.